“Match mode” is a mode you can put your ChapR into to allow you to cycle between autonomous and teleOp (we’ll call those “phases” of the match). The timing for each section is configurable (through matchConfig.txt). The default behavior (aka using default settings for the timing) is outlined below.
1. Press the red button to determine whether or not you are in match mode. If upon pressing the button, the ChapR makes the “match mode noise” once, the ChapR is not in match mode. However, if it makes the noise twice, it is in match mode. If the ChapR is not in the mode you want it to be, press the red button immediately after the state is read out. You can press the red button after a few seconds to check that the mode has been set properly.
2. Start your autonomous program on the NXT brick. Make sure the robot is on!
3. Hit the black button to release the “wait for start” and watch autonomous program. The robot will run through the autonomous program for 30 seconds (or whatever you configure the time to be). If at any point the robot needs to be stopped/disabled, simply hit the red button and the robot will be sent the “autonomous disabled” command and the “match” will be ended.
4. Pick up joysticks and hit the black button to release “wait for start”. At the end of autonomous, the ChapR will have killed the autonomous program and started whatever teleOp program is loaded into Program Chooser. The teleOp program should have a wait for start (if not, it’s not competition-safe!).
5. Drive for 90 seconds. The ChapR will make a noise when you enter the endgame, then it will make a noise as it stops your teleOp program.